Butterfly's Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why Do My Kids Argue So Much?

I have a 14 year old son and an 11 year old daughter who argue constantly.  They look at each other like they hate each other and talk like they are each others worst enemy.  Why do they do that?  I'm an only child so I didn't go through the pangs of having a sibling.  Now that I'm older I wish I did have a sibling and think that they should appreciate and love each other because that is one of the greatest things in the world to have.  How do I get them to stop fussing at each other so much?  One thing I've tried is to have them say something positive to one another every day and to give a kiss on the cheek each time they fuss at one another.  It seems to be working slightly.  

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Butterfly T said...

Well, the kissing each other on the cheek isn't effective enough to get them to stop arguing so much. I'm ready to give up and let them kill each other. But, because I am a persistent mother I'll keep trying. I keep telling them that life is too short to argue with folks all the time and to show love to one another. I've actually resorted to having them sit down and right positive things about the other so they can recognize that their sibling is really not the sibling from hell. Any suggestions????

June 2, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


How to Videos & Articles: eHow.com